2-way tap is a solution to the problem of insufficient faucet points for use. HomeGuru believes that almost every home has to face this problem as well especially housing estates that have already stipulated water system specifications. Houses with limited spaces or condominiums, dormitories, apartments, or even civil servants’ houses that have many restrictions on how to improve the utilities of the accommodation.
With all these limitations 2-way tap is like the best solution to these problems because anyone can do it easily, just like one day. Use a few tools and not too much budget.
2-way tap replacement device
Before getting started connect the faucet by yourself, the first thing to know is what the demand for water is. Some houses need to add faucet point inside the house to use the washing machine and the sink at the same time. Some houses need to add faucet point outside the house for watering plants Install automatic watering timer and can be used to wash outside the house without having to disconnect the hose or timer automatically every time you use it. The different water usage objectives will determine the equipment for connecting the 2-way tap of each house because the plumbing equipment used in the home and the outside of the house will be different especially equipment of various types of joints.
Outdoor plumbing equipment especially the gardening system for watering plants or use different sprinklers, can use joints or devices made of plastic which is suitable for use with normal rubber hoses. There are many sizes to choose from. Easily disassembled without having to rely on labor-intensive equipment.
- Read more articles. Solve Sediment in the Water Easily
For the home plumbing system, it is necessary to choose a more durable equipment because it is usually at the point of repair. It is hard to repair. if there is a problem is a material that is relatively permanent to prevent any leakage that may occur because if you wake up in the morning and find that the flood. The entire area is not good. For this reason, plumbers often use various joints. For the water supply system in the house is brass or steel material that is stronger than plastic. You must use tools to help tighten the joints. The peripheral type of rubber hose should be changed to a good hose with plastic or stainless steel braided on the outside.
The end is threaded to connect with other devices. To avoid using multiple joints, reducing the chance of water leakage problem inside the house.
ln addition to the differences of equipment that must be used. Another thing to know, first connect the faucet by yourself is the distance of equipment because if the water distribution point and the area where water is needed are very far apart or have a fixed point on how high or low the system is to be run. You may need to cut the PVC pipe to help as well.
- Read more articles. How to Choose a Practical Faucet?
Another additional suggestion for choosing a 2-way tap device is the size of the equipment that must be used. Because almost every plumbing equipment has a variety of sizes and the water pipe size that you want to connect to each house is different. Therefore, you need to check the various equipment sizes. You need to make sure first. If you’re not sure, ask the salesperson directly or try assembling the joints at the point of sale or if possible. Bring the equipment from home to compare the size before buying. So as not to waste time, money and buy the wrong size.
2-way tap for gardening and outdoor washing
How to connect the faucet: For outdoor use from the original tap, use a few devices, that is
1. 3-way PVC joints can be used with valves. There is no on-off valve according to usage requirements. The part must use an external thread or an inner thread. Depending on the original pipe style that you want to connect.
2. PVC straight connection for connecting between the original PVC pipe and 3-way joints, which are available in both external and internal threads.
3. 1 tap for general washing use.
4. 1 field tap for connecting watering hose or automatic watering timer.
5. Spiral tape for fastening of joints at various points to prevent water leakage.
All of the above items are basic equipment that can be adjusted to suit the style of each house’s water pipe. And if you want to walk the PVC pipe to add the faucet point in other parts, it may be necessary to cut the PVC pipe, which requires cutting tools or saw blades, pipe binders, PVC pipes and fittings, PVC pipe bends in different sizes.
- Read more articles. Every “Shower” Problem Can Be Solved with Household Items
A simple, 2-way faucet assembly for external use without cutting PVC pipes. Just follow these steps:
1. Turn off the water valve in the house before proceeding to assemble.
2. Wrap the tape around the PVC joint thread to connect the 3-way PVC joint and the original PVC pipe. In the case of the old PVC pipe without internal threads. You Can find a PVC spiral elbow to connect to the pipe with a pipe binder first.
3. Rotate to assemble the PVC pipe and 3-way joint to get the desired direction. By turning it firmly to the level that does not leak. Be careful of the spiral thread. This step may help to tighten the device tightly and also test the drip of water.
4. Wrap tape and wrap around the faucet joint and prepared pitch taps.
5. Attach the 2 taps to the straight connection. By turning the lever on top or in the desired direction.
6. For field taps If you want to install an automatic watering timer, you can connect the tap from the end of the tap straight away.
7. Turn on the water valve to use the water.
Just this, you will get 2-way tap for gardening and general washing outside of the house. Without complicated cutting of pipes, it won’t take long and can do it by yourself.
2-way tap for home use
Connecting 2-way tap for home use also uses a device similar to connecting 2-way taps for use outside the house. Is different, it is the selection of materials suitable for use in the home only. The assembly process that HomeGuru will give an example today is an assembly to separate the water distribution points to be able to use the sink and connect with the washing machine to use at the same time, which will use the following devices:
- Read more articles. Let’s Change Behavior…Save Water… Save Money in Your Pocket
1. 3 way joints, brass or steel, you can choose to use with both on-off valve and there is no on-off valve according to usage requirements. The part must use an external thread or an inner thread. Depending on the original pipe style that you want to connect.
2. Brass or steel straight couplings for connecting between the original PVC pipe and 3-way joints, which are available in both external and internal threads.
3. 1 tap for connecting with 3-way connection.
4. Hose with rubber seal or waterproofing rubber and good water pipe joints for 1 washing machine.
5. Hose with rubber seal or rubber waterproofing for 1 dish sink.
6. Sink faucet.
7. Spiral tape for fastening of joints at various points to prevent water leakage.
8. Wrench to help tighten the threads.
How to connect the faucet in order to use the sink and connect
To the washing machine by using a good hose as a connector with the following steps:
1. Turn off the water valve in the house before proceeding to assemble.
2. Wrap the tape around the straight joint screw to connect between the three joints and the original PVC pipe. In the event that the original PVC pipe does not have internal threads Can find PVC elbow with brass thread inside to connect to the pipe with the pipe binder first.
3. Rotate to assemble the original PVC pipe and 3-way joint to get the desired direction. Use a wrench to help tighten the lock, being careful not to screw it or the joints are so tight that they are cracked and also test the drip of water.
4. Wrap the tape around the 3-way joint on both sides of the rest.
5. Attach the tap to the connector on the side that you want to use the washing machine in. By turning the lever on top or in the desired direction.
6. Connect the good water pipe connection to the end of the tap and bring the end of the good water hose to the water supply point behind the washing machine.
7. Use a wrench to connect another good water line between the 3 joints on the left side and the sink sink faucet. By putting a waterproofing rubber on each end of the water line before rotating, assemble tightly.
8. Turn on the water valve to use water.
When all of these steps are done, you will get a 2-way tap for using the washing machine and the sink to wash your dishes comfortably, without the hassle of swapping the good water lines. The important thing is not to spend a lot of time and budget. Which home is encountering an inadequate water supply problem? You can use the examples from HomeGuru to try and use appropriately.
But if you don’t have the time to change it yourself, you can contact or consult the Home service at HomePro by following the information below.