Check home by yourself is the final step before signing the house acceptance that the homeowner must pay attention to. Because if you have already completed this step that means accepting the house conditions that the project sells to you completely. And as many people know that if the transfer has been completed, to inform the project to take action to correct defects or errors within the house will become difficult immediately. It may also cause delay or incur unnecessary additional costs. Therefore, the homeowner must check every point in the house until you are really confident and satisfied then transferring the house.
But how to Check home by yourself by not passing the home inspection company, how to prepare? And there are things for you to pay special attention, HomeGuru has the answers.
Check home by yourself , how to prepare?
When the project says that it is ready for you to check the house before transferring. The first thing to prepare and study the details to be ready is Examining sales and purchase agreements and various conditions project specified. If you have any questions, please contact the project promptly. After that, make an appointment with the project to check the order of the house which the best time is in the morning. Due to the way of checking the house, you must check various systems thoroughly inside the house. There are many steps and takes quite a lot of time. Morning appointments make full use of the inspection time and have enough light to check various points.
After making an appointment with the project to prepare various details of the project such as details of area size of materials, furniture items, etc., including various documents or advertisements to be used in comparison with the actual house and used as a home inspection before transfer because these documents are classified as contracts that can be referenced by law.
After preparing documents and various details already. It is advisable to do a checklist for house inspections in advance to cover all parts of the house. Prevent any point falling and is also aided in knowing that should be used. What kind of home inspection tools and what tools do you need to take with you?
Lastly, finding a helper to help inspect the house on the day of the appointment, at least 2 or more people, may be divided into separate inspections, note-taking and photography people, but we suggest that you shouldn’t take the children with you, because it may cause chaos and without concentration for inspecting the house.
Home inspection tools, what are the items?
Items that must be carried to Check home by yourself , most of them are basic tools that many people already have and are tools that can be found in the home. But there may be some equipment that, if not convenient to bring along, you can inform the project to help prepare. Such as stairs for inspection under the ceiling etc. The equipment that would recommend to carry with is as follows:
- Read more articles. Eliminating Water Leakage Problems Damage Ceiling by Yourself
1. House plan from the project with land boundary symbol.
2. Note devices include pencils, erasers for easy writing and editing, sign pens, note books or notepads that I recommend using A4 size for easy copying.
3. Marking equipment such as post it paper, chalk writing tape, electrical tape, easy peeling tape without damaging the surface of the material etc.
4. Camera for recording images as evidence for repair notifications.
5. Portable flashlight for illuminating dark areas like the ceiling. Channel systems for various systems and check the color and order of the material surface.
6. Measuring tape or tape measure for measuring various areas whether the house type is correct or not.
7. Cutter or scissors for cutting adhesive tape or use to remove plastic covering various items.
8. Bread is used instead of sewage to test the toilet flushing system.
9. Drainage and leak testing equipment You can choose to use plasticize, plastic bag or cloth.
10. Water tank and hose for slope testing drainage around the floor and can be used for testing the leakage of door seal and window too.
11. Glass ball or steel ball for testing the slope of the floor.
12. Long straight wood for checking various planes for smoothness.
13. Small mirror for checking the blind spot area such as the top door edge etc.
14. A rubber-head hammer, a screwdriver on the side of wood or a Ten-Baht coin for tapping tiles to check the firmness of the adhesive plaster under the tiles.
15. Electrical equipment or small electrical appliances for checking the power plug whether it can be used or not.
16. ELCB Tester for checking electrical systems and used to check the normal condition of electrical outlets in which this equipment is necessary to study the method of use in detail or let the experts do the test.
17. Rubber gloves and rubber shoes for protection when having to check various electrical systems.
Home inspection methods according to the checklist
The best way to self-checking home is to check from the front door, until the room at the innermost. Without having to go back the same route and use the method of chasing your eyes from the floor to the ceiling so that you do not miss any details as for the details at each point that must be checked can be divided into zones as follows.
- Read more articles. What Type of Door to Choose… That Best Fits Your Needs
To check everything from the fence to the house and fence gates that work normally welds without holes, rust proof wheels and slide rails are not slippery or too sluggish. Gardening, check the completion of soil filling, littering, pool systems must be clogged. Check the drainage to see if it can drain from the house to the outside or not. As for the parking inspection, if it is a parking lot outside the house structure, there is inevitably a problem of subsidence. And it is a problem that is difficult to detect. But if it is a house project that has been in construction for a while, it may be easier to inspect.
- Read more articles. Techniques for Choosing Outdoor Floor Tiles And How to Lay Tiles to Make Your House Beautiful and Safe
The structure of the house
Check by observing that the beam is not bent. The wall is not falling, tilted, smooth, no cracks. The cornice and the cornice are installed close to the wall. For wallpapers, if found mold, you must notify the project to change to a new one and fix the problem that causes. Because that means the house may have moisture problems from the bathroom or the wall is leaking. For the ceiling, if it is T-Bar ceiling, the T-bar must be even. There is no gap between the cement tile and the T-bar line. If the ceiling is smooth, the grout must not be visible at the joints. Installation of doors, windows, jamb must be attached to the wall. Installing the handrail is tight, not slippery.
Test the firmness of the floor by knocking until it is not a cavity. Beautifully clean floor grout not at risk of leakage as for the roof inspection, you may have to wait for rain or hire a car to make artificial rain to check for leaks.
You can check by testing the whole house’s lights to see. If there are any spots that are not lit or have less light than usual or try to plug in the electrical appliances to see if the electricity is normal or not as well as checking that the installation of lamps, sockets, outlets, and wiring are in order and keep the work tidy.
- Read more articles. Fire is Not a Joke Change Electrical Cables… Before Short Circuit Happen
The sanitary ware of the water system must be inspected by using the equipment many times, testing the water in the sink or toilet to check the sewer system to not leak. Including checking the operation of the water meter by turning off the water throughout the house to check whether the water meter still rotates or not If still spinning, there is still a leak at one of the points.
Saving money to buy a house, it’s not an easy thing to inspect your home by yourself. Therefore, it is an important step to plan and prepare well to make the house come out as complete as possible before accepting transfers and although various inspection procedures. There will be many details, but HomeGuru believes everyone can do it.