Another important thing that is essential for every household, the sanitary ware. It is necessary for us to save water as well as save money. Each day, we use more than 300 liters of water per person. Water is used for both flushing and cleaning. Consider the amount of water used and also the value of saving natural resources. It is important to look at sanitary routine not just an aesthetic design.
How to Choose Sanitary Ware?
Before deciding on a water-saving sanitary ware, make a notice on water-saving (green label) which certified by an institute or organization such as Thai Industrial Standards institute (TIS), and also consider the water consumption data, try testing the sanitary ware and decide on which model you prefer.
Water-saving faucet should have certified (TIS) label indicated. Within 1 minute, the water should not spill more than 6 liters of 1 bar pressure. Features of water-saving faucet should have grate at the end of the faucet, to increase the amount of air bubbles in the tides. This will make water flows softly and help reduce water usage. An automatic faucet with on-off sensor or with the lever can stop the water immediately without much exertion.
Shower helps save water up to 20%. Water-saving shower should have certified (TIS) label indicated. Within 1 minute, the water should not spill more than 9 liters of 1 bar pressure. Features of water-saving shower are pulling the air into water stream through small holes at the head of shower. Small holes help save more water. Small holes may get slag easily, it needs brushing and cleaning with vinegar to avoid water holes clog up.
There are variety styles of toilet for your bathroom: modern, classic, natural and vintage. Water-saving toilet should have certified (TIS) label indicated. Flushing should not use more than 6 liters of water. In order to choose the toilet, the flushing system is essential. There are 4 features of flushing:
- Wash Down System: use new water instead of old water, use less water in flushing. Available both 3 liters or 6 liters. Dual Flush: can choose to use less or much water.
- Siphonic Wash Down System: use siphon technique to form vaccum in the trapway. Use 6 liters of water
- Siphon Jet System: use more speed and power than other system. JET system helps transfer water to flush quickly. Use 6 liters of water.
- Siphon Vortex System: the best flushing system, has a brass inside the boiler which provides durability. A type of toilet which has lower tanks than other systems. Low noise while flushing. Use 9 liters of water.
- Tank type: can be used with low water pressure, suitable for home, low noise while flushing. Available both 1 tank and 2 tanks.
- Wall Mounted Tank type: can be used with low water pressure, low noise while adding water to the boiler, nice design, easy to clean, suitable for home.
- Flush Valve/Wall Mounted Flush Valve type: use water pressure to flush, durable, continuous flush without refilling water into boiler, suitable for high buildings, department stores or public toilets.