Thailand is hot and humid which is the weather that mosquitoes especially like. Almost every home has a problem with the mosquito invading to disturb their living. Most homes prevent mosquitoes by installing mosquito nets on the windows and doors. And with the appearance of a mosquito net made of a small net acts as a large dust filter inside. If left too long, dust will accumulate and affecting our health with allergies. These dust also conceal the air inlet and outlet which heat the house. This article “HomeGuru” has a way to clean the net screen to be clear, clean as new.
Before starting to clean the net screen window, we have some tips for you. Normally, mosquito nets will be installed in the house. Makes it difficult to remove, clean and need to open the screen before opening the window. But for most countries, it is preferable to install mosquito net screens outside which will make cleaning a lot easier. If not much dust, you can spray water to wash the net screen without re-moving it immediately. You can also open and close windows from within the home conveniently. But this technique is only suitable for sliding glass windows, it is not suitable for push windows.
1. Scrubbing brush or old toothbrush, scouring pad with sponge
2. Vacuum cleaner and a vacuum cleaner brush
3. High pressure washer if there is no normal hose
4. Multipurpose cleaning solution or soapy water
5. Clean, dry cloth
1. Remove the window screen bracket. Then put the screened screen on the area with cloth or paper dust. Then use a vacuum cleaner that wears a vacuuming brush. Vacuum first the net screen to make the dirt very dirty sucked out without dust then turn over and clean the other side. If there is no vacuum cleaner, you can use the scrubbing brush gradually sweep off the cobwebs and dust. This procedure requires wearing a mask to cover your nose completely. Because helping to clean the dust may spread a lot if inhaling dirt particles which can create problems with the respiratory system.
2. Lay the net screen upright and turn on the high-pressure cleaner. Wash dirt on the screen once more. In the absence of atomizer, you can use a hose to open the water vigorously to also remove dust stains.
3. After spraying water for first time, it can be clearly seen that the net screen is clearer. But this is not clean enough. Lift the net screen to place against the wall. Then use a multi-purpose cleaning solution or soapy water into the basin, beat until it becomes foamy. Then use a sponge or cloth soaked in liquid and scrub gently to clean the net screen. (Do not scrub hard because it will cause the mosquito net to come out of the frame or tear).
4. Spray water to clean the liquid soap on the net screen until it is completely gone. Then lean it against the wind to expel all water and moisture on the screen. Wait until the mosquito net screen is completely dry before returning to installation.
Just this. The house that used to look gloomy now look nice. Beautiful garden outside the window that can hardly be seen, came back to look beautiful and clean again. When there is no dust, the space between the lattice is opened, expanding. On a nice day, you don’t want to turn on the air conditioner. You can open the window to receive cool air. The wind will blow through the house more clearly. This help reduces heat accumulation in the home as well. Cleaning screens should be done 2-3 times a year.