“Shower” is an essential bathroom item that every home must have and pay attention to the selection to meet the needs of use. But more important, HomeGuru would like to recommend every home to pay attention and you should not be overlooked, take care, maintain and solve minor problems. Let the “shower” last longer with many easy tips and you can do it by yourself.
Stains on the shower
Stains on shower is a problem that has occurred when the shower has been used for a while. As a result, the shower efficiency is reduced, which is water that flows slowly and is lighter because it is clogged. Maid and the butler can fix the problem by themselves. Just find household items to help.
- Vinegar is an all-purpose ingredient because aside from being used for cooking, it can also be used to descale the showerhead due to having acidic properties. Corrosion, stain and various impurities, however, it also depends on the material of the shower, such as removable shower made of metal. It can be boiled in vinegar for about 15 minutes, but if the shower is made of brass, nickel or gold, can be soaked without boiling. Just soak it for about 30 minutes. After the specified time, wash with clean water and use a toothbrush to scrub the remaining stains. Then turn on the water to remove the stain.
- Toothpaste can be used to clean all types of showers. But it will work well with a simple rubber shower. Just squeeze or smear the toothpaste onto the shower head that has stain. Then use a toothbrush to gently rub. Leave it for a while then rinse with clean water will help the shower look cleaner.
- Baking soda has benefits in removing stains like vinegar. Just take 1/3 cup of baking soda mixed with 1 cup of vinegar, then put the shower head into the bowl. Leave for about 3 hours. When the time is up, scrub and brush then turn on the water to remove stains and all the dirt will be gone. The same method as using vinegar.
Rust stains often occur on metal objects especially bathroom accessories such as showers that has to be exposed to water and humidity every day or sometimes due to the evaporation of bathroom cleaners with high acidity Which damages the chromium surface or the coating of bathroom accessories causing rust stains more easily.
Therefore, after cleaning the bathroom. Don’t forget!! Clean the bathroom equipment, such as shower, faucet, spray, to clean the vapors of the bathroom cleaner with clean water or near the sample. Then coated with chromium to help increase shine resistant to changing weather conditions and can prevent rust.
“However, important things in maintenance, clean the bathroom equipment such as shower to last longer. Every home should choose the right type of cleaning solution to use. You should not wash the bathroom with acidic effect to pour and wipe on the shower and the same as floor cleaning because it will cause corrosion and can rust.”
Water drip slowly from shower
This problem is probably frustrating and causing annoyance during the shower of everyone in the house which can be resolved if the cause is known. Initially, if you see that during the shower, water is not used in many places at the same time. Until causing the water distribution section to be uneven or the water pipe is not strong water pressure. The size of the water pump is not enough for the amount of use. You should check immediately at the shower because it may be caused by clogging of dirt, sediment that comes with the water, which can be resolved easily.
- Take the shower head to soak in the cleanser or rust prevention liquid to clean by observing that the rubber rings around the shower are damaged or not If damaged, replace immediately.
- After that, take the needle or a toothpick to pierce the water hole around the shower head. Then use a toothbrush to gently rub to allow various sediments dislodged which will help the water flow more strongly.
Water dripping shower
Even after turning off the shower completely after every shower, but homeowners should also observe the shower head area. If there is water dripping all the time or not. Because if any home uses water through the water pump, will be a waste of both electricity and water because the pump will run all day. Therefore, you should find a reason to fix it with a simple method.
In general, the reason that the shower drips all the time is usually due to a water leak in the stop valve. Try removing the shower head and then turning on-off the water. If the stop valve is completely closed and the water still flows, it shows that the problem is not in the shower but it is a water stop valve in the bathroom that may deteriorate Initially can be modified by.
- Change a new stop valve, generally available, and use tape to stop the stop valve.
- After that, remove the shower hose connected to the original stop valve with a wrench. While also removing the stop valve attached to the wall with a wrench by turning counterclockwise until it comes out.
- Bring the newly purchased stop valve. The tape has been completely inserted and then reattached it tightly using a wrench to help rotate.
- After that, tape around the joint of the shower hose before connecting it. Then try to turn the water on and off again, whether the drip is on or not. This is done.
Even taking a shower will help cleanse the body each day to be clean. But if you overlooked care and clean the shower that has stains, rust stains and various impurities that is a collection of pathogens, may lead to pneumonia caused by bacteria mixed with chlorine in the water to the family members. Therefore, it should be noted that small things in every area of the house that is necessary for daily use to keep clean and is not always damaged.