Laminate flooring or laminate wood flooring is one of the most popular flooring materials among home decor lovers and housing businesses because it has many advantages, especially beauty. Also, install laminate flooring is convenient, easy, and takes little time to install. Therefore, lay laminate flooring has become a subject of interest to many homeowners. In this article HomeGuru will show you how to install laminate flooring. It’s the perfect project for the novice who has some simple carpentry skills.
• How to install laminate flooring to a standard?
• Inspect the area before lay laminate floor
Before installing laminate wood flooring, it is necessary to verify that the area is suitable and ready for installation by checking the proper surface for laminate flooring.
1. Install laminate flooring over new concrete
You can do this without polishing, but you need to check the humidity level of the floor. The humidity before installation can measure with a moisture meter, which must not exceed 5%.
Besides the humidity level, another thing to check is the surface level before installation. You can check this with a laser level meter or a triangle level ruler. The floor level is suitable for lay laminate floor must not differ more than 3 mm in height because if the floor level varies too much, there will be problems with the collapse of the laminate floor.
2. Install laminate flooring over rough surface concrete
It is necessary to check both humidity and floor levels. If inspected and found the problem of the original cement floor is not suitable level, you have to correct with careful and make sure that the new level area is 100% fully cure and strong with old flooring surface.
3. Install laminate flooring over existing tiles
The tiles should be in good condition. Cracked tiles could be an indication of underlying problems. Whether a poor installation or an unstable subfloor, cracked tiles require further investigation to determine the cause. If cracking is recent and ongoing, removing the tiles before installing a new floor is preferable. New flooring requires a solid, smooth, and level surface to install on to, so in addition to being in good condition, there should be no hollow spots below the tiles, and the area as a whole need to be level and even.
4. Install laminate flooring over existing tiles over self-leveling compound
Because the original cement floor is not level, it is another suitable surface-level solution for installing laminate wood flooring. The Self-Leveling floor is a simple free flow leveling cement, thus making the floor level 100%.
Self-Leveling Flooring can be used to level on the rough surface cement floor to achieve the desired thickness. The thickness at the floor self-leveling is possible at a minimum of 3 mm. Suppose thinner than that may cause cracking. Although this method is a quick and easy solution to the existing cement floor, it has some constraints that require a high budget.
• Prepare the Subfloor
The process of inspecting the area before laying laminate wood flooring is the most problematic in the level of the texture of the floor surface is rough cement floor. Because both the polished cement floor and the tile floor usually have the correct leveling, there is a difference of more than 3 mm for the coarse cement floor. Lay laminate flooring to look neat and beautiful. Therefore, preparing the cement floor before laying the laminate floor is necessary to fix, and other factors need to be considered as follows.
1. Since the level suitable for installing laminate flooring must be no more than 3 mm difference per meter length, the floor must be corrected by re-leveling the floor if the difference is higher than this standard. It would be best to raise the low floor by filling the base with glue or gypsum mortar. On high-level floors, the upper surface must be ground off, and after leveling, you must leave the floor for a period to allow it to set and release moisture.
2. Caution before installing a laminate floor is that cement floors must be completely dry and free of moisture. The humidity can be initially determined using an instrument to measure cement floor moisture. The appropriate moisture value should not exceed 5% if it exceeds the standard value, must leave a long enough time for the floor to set first.
3. Cement floors that are ready for installing laminate floors must be strong. You can observe the cement floor surface strength test from the surface of the cement floor surface. It must not slip or be dusty. Because if installing laminate flooring on an unhealthy surface, there will be problems with the laminate flooring moving while using.
4. If you want to install laminate over tile or parquet floors, check to ensure that each tile or parquet is strong, without cracking or fraying. But if you find a problem with cracks or falling off, it must be appropriately repaired and strong first.
5. If you want to install laminate flooring, furniture, or build-in work obstructs the area to be established. The solution is to prepare a sheet of plywood that is not less thick than the prepared laminate flooring. Take the plywood and place it in the area where there is furniture or work. The build-in is installed to create space for the laminate wood flooring to have an expansion distance under the base of that piece of furniture. Placing the plywood should be at a distance of about 3 cm from the edge of the furniture.
6. If renovating other areas of the house simultaneously, it is recommended that the laminate flooring be installed as the last step. To prevent work on other areas that can damage the laminate flooring. Moreover, the installation of laminate flooring is considered a dry installation, so it can install quickly, so it can be prioritized as the last work before accessing the space.
• How to install laminate flooring
After checking and preparing the original surface to be installed with the laminate floor, you can start the installation process by the correct step for install laminate flooring has the following steps.
1. When preparing the surface to be installed over it, layout a 2 mm thick PE-Foam or PE-Foam to help level the laminate floors evenly, helping to prevent moisture from the floor beneath. It also helps to reduce the noise between the laminate floor and the cement or tile underneath and gives a comfortable touch to the laminate floor while walking. This process of underlaying the foam may create a ridged seam at the junction between the laminate. But you can fix the joints of the leveled foam sheet by using adhesive tape before laying the laminate over it.
2. Place a wooden wedge, approximately 12 – 15 mm thick, along each wall to separate the wall and the laminate floor. This is to leave a gap not to allow the laminate floor to expand to collide with the wall because if the laminate has expanded until it hits the wall, it will cause the laminate to deflect until it is seen as a bridge between the joints. It also causes the floor to collapse when walking.
3. Define the desired pattern and direction for laminate flooring, which can freely set according to the pattern you like. But in most cases, it would be preferable to set the direction to be parallel to the door.
4. Install the first laminate slab in the specified directions and install it in the door line first. Then cut the laminate floors between the door slats, with the edge of the laminate slabs on the slats so that the laminate on the door is complete, seamless. Besides being beautiful, it gives strength as well. If you want to lay the laminate floor on the second floor of the house, it is recommended that you start laying the first laminate floor on the stair line next to the last stair riser, leaving a distance of 2 – 3 cm from the stair vertical. To leave it to install the nose end of the bun as well.
5. Once the first laminate board has been installed, lay the laminate in one predetermined direction. When paving to the wall at the level of the wooden wedge, you must be careful not to lay the laminate slabs until the edge of the wall, as there will be no gaps for the laminate floor to expand.
6. Connecting the laminate wood floor with a click-lock system can be done by placing the laminate at a 45-degree angle and pressing the laminate into a click. Then, use a rubber hammer to gently hammer onto the laminate floor so that it clicks into place. Then make a laminate floor until the whole area.
7. Once the laminate floor has been fully covered, double-check whether any places are not properly installed or are not correctly locked between the panels. If you find an uncomplicated spot, you need to fix it before going to the next step.
8. Remove the wedge placed beside each wall, then attach the PVC skirting around the laminate floor by covering the gap between the laminate floor and the wall before keeping it neat with the same color silicone laminate floor and the PVC skirting.
9. Double-check it before cleaning the area. If additional home repair work is required, scratch-resistant corrugated paper is recommended to cover the laminate to prevent damage from other areas of the work.
Now you see, install laminate flooring is not as difficult as you think. It only requires detail and attention in each step to get a beautiful and neat laminate floor that is pleasing to everyone in the house. Suppose anyone is looking for a beautiful, good quality laminate flooring or equipment for laying laminate flooring. In that case, HomeGuru recommends that you buy at any HomePro branches or shop online at www.homepro.co.th. For more information, you can contact Call Center 1284.
Inquire about additional services
Facebook : Home Service by HomePro : m.me/Homeservicebyhomepro
Line : https://lin.ee/uN8D4Zl or @Homeproservice
Call Center : 1284
Mobile app : https://bit.ly/372RTMT