Designing and renovating the house to make it livable. This is an important problem for homeowners, especially the addition of the roof in front of the house. Today, HomeGuru will show you some great roof extension or garage extension ideas that can be used as durable and cost-effective as possible. I can assure you that the old renovations and renovations will not happen to your beloved home for sure.
Today, HomeGuru will take you to know different types of roofs in front of the house; the kind of materials, the advantages and disadvantages to make the best value for your home.
Metal sheet roof
For roofing, the metal sheet is a type of opaque roof that is very popular today, sometimes called Corrugated steel roof. The roof was developed from zinc. After that, it was designed and eventually developed into a metal sheet. The roof is a steel sheet coated with aluminum alloy, rolled, and formed into a metal sheet roof. It also prevents the problem of roof leaking.
● Good corrosion resistance, rust prevention, causing no problem of water leakage
● Relatively lightweight, easy to install, and easily bent to fit the shape of the house
● There are many colors to choose from
● Under the canopy quickly accumulates heat, must be insulated or choose a model that is already insulated
● When it rains, the sound is quite loud, like a galvanized roof
● It is thin and can be easily deformed
A vinyl roof, also known as PVC roof for short, is a roof made of a relatively light and durable plastic material. Most importantly, it protects against UV rays and heats quite well. Suitable for modern homes or for those who need roof extensions. Most of the time, vinyl roofs are used to add to or make modern houses that emphasize simplicity and are not flashy. Only skilled technicians because the vinyl is highly extensible, there must be some margin for installation as well.
● Good heat insulation; no additional insulation is required
● Easy to install, can use almost any screws
● Must have a standard structure distance for installation because it must allow for expansion
● Color may fade after long time use
● Quite expensive
Another material suitable for garage extensions is the polycarbonate roof which is quite airy. Can choose both translucent, transparent, and opaque. The roof uses the same material as the vinyl roof. Still, it differs in that Polycarbonate roofs are tough, hard, and better than vinyl roofs.
Most importantly, it is resistant to a wide range of weather conditions. If choosing this type of roof, choose a model with UV absorbent coating as it will increase the efficiency of use better. There are 2 types of roofs to choose from: first, the corrugated 2 layers with air channel in the middle. (Highly popular) and the solid, with clear and embossed.
● It is beautiful and relatively lightweight.
● There is a UV coating to make it more effective.
● Corrugated form at the vent, so it doesn’t accumulate too much heat.
● The corrugated roof generates steam at the central air vent, causing moss and clouding easily.
● Deterioration, the roof may leak easily.
UPVC and APVC roof
UPVC and APVC roofs are roofs that use PVC to produce a new roof. UPVC is more robust and more durable. But if it is APVC, UPVC will be coated with an Antioxidant compound to make it more durable. Prevents color fading and has a UV protective coating for good heat resistance.
The unique feature is that it is a lightweight, highly durable, flexible roof. It is similar to a metal sheet roof but absorbs rain sound quite better. The price is high, which is considered the most suitable for a roof extension. If you want light, you can choose a transparent type.
● It is durable and heat resistant, absorbs more rain sounds.
● The sheet has 3 layers of PVC directly as insulation.
● Good heat absorption.
● Available in both opaque and translucent versions to suit your preferences.
● As it is a PVC material, it has to be installed by skilled technicians to support the expansion.
● The price is relatively high when compared to metal sheet roofs.
Fiberglass translucent roof
Another suitable material for roof extension is fiberglass which is made of glass fiber and special polyester. Thus, it can be seen that the roof is quite transparent. The distinctiveness of the fiberglass roof is durability and strength, which can be easily bent. The important thing is that it is suitable for houses with various shapes and homes that want to have a light that is not too dark.
● Good strength and flexibility, easy to bend and easy to install.
● Relatively low expansion.
● Relatively thin, so it absorbs less rain noise.
● Due to its thinness, the roof sheet may break or open easily.
Acrylic garage roof
For the acrylic roof, the roof is smooth, glossy, and translucent like glass. Suitable for homes that need roof extension or garage areas that should have light and not too opaque. The acrylic roof is considered quite suitable for various styles of houses, whether it is a modern house or a modern loft, as well as a contemporary style house.
The uniqueness of this type of roof is that it has radiation protection properties. UV and infrared radiation are good. Makes it resistant to heat, strong and resistant to impact, and resistant to radiation. But it will withstand less impact than polycarbonate roofs.
● Clarity equal to glass.
● Currently developed to be stronger than before.
● Compatible with many roofs’ types.
● It is a roof with less flexibility.
● Extremely expansive, must be installed by an expert technician only.
● Use specific devices for installation.
● High price.
4 trendy roof types for easy extension
1. Shed roof
It is the most popular type of roof extension for modern houses because it is relatively modern and has a slope in either direction. It is a roof with good rain drainage but must choose the right direction.
2. Hip roof
Hip roofs are sloping but less sloping than the gable, which is the most durable type. Because it supports rain in all directions, suitable for making a roof of a garage.
3. Gable roof
As for the gable shape is considered the most suitable for Thai houses because it can protect from sun, rain and is also a good cooling roof. Which the roof of the house. This shape must have poles suitable for homes with piles for the roof to support the gable shape.
4. Flat roof
It is a trendy shape for adding a roof in front of the house because it is easy and helps save the cost of the structure. There is no need for poles; you need to design and calculate the load points accordingly and then attach the frame to the house wall or beam. It is most popular to make a protrusion of about 2 meters if not use a pole.
Now you know many tips for the roof extension in front of the house with various materials with a strong roof shape that never goes out of style. If you want to make a roof in front of the house or do a garage extension, we recommend the best service from Home Service to help you renovate and make your home safely. Including getting durable materials that are most suitable for the house by providing services from a team and professional technicians. You can contact and consult about the home through various channels.
Inquire about additional services
Facebook : Home Service by HomePro : m.me/Homeservicebyhomepro
Line : https://lin.ee/uN8D4Zl or @Homeproservice
Call Center : 1284
Mobile app : https://bit.ly/372RTMT