Washing machine care tips is one of the things that you must know! Because washing with a washing machine that is not ready to use or have not been cleaned for a long time that may cause clothes to smell musty. Despite how much we fanatical the detergent and fabric softener. Smell from the washing machine can be attached to clothes anyway. Importantly, the washing machine we use every day can become a hotbed of germs without our knowledge. But don’t be afraid, HomeGuru has tips to take care of your washing machine and how to wash your clothes to smell good.
Causes of Odors and Washing Machine Care Tips
For the origin of smell from the washing machine. We may have to try it separately and see what kind of unpleasant smell this is.
1. If recently bought a washing machine not long. The washing machine may smell similar to the new smell of a car or machines which is considered normal. In this case the smell will gradually fades away by itself within 1-2 months.
2. If using the washing machine for a while and you can smell the musty smell. In this case, it is highly likely that the smell is due to the build-up of dirt inside. From detergent, laundry detergent, fabric softener that may have residue after washing including the smell of residual water in the washing machine detergent or laundry detergent compartment and the smell from the sewer that remains for a long time until it causes a musty smell.
Washing machine care tips prevent musty smell
If it is clear that the odors arising from the cause in number 2 is the problem of the washing machine with dirt residue. The solution is not difficult at all. Just try the following steps to clean:
1. Check the washing machine manual or from the control panel on the machine, see if it is a washing machine with a drum wash program, you can choose to enable the program to clean the tub.
2. If the washing machine does not have a drum wash program combining baking soda with vinegar and warm water can help. By mixing baking soda at the rate of 1 cup, 2 to 3 cups of vinegar, put in the liquid compartment for front-loading washing machines. Or mix warm water about 1 – 2 liters into the top-loading washing machine drum. Then start the washing program without loading clothes until the end of the program. Then stop the operation of the machine for at least 3 hours to 1 night for effective cleaning. Then drain the water.
- Read more articles. Washing Machine single device or use the dryer separately?
- Read more articles. Washing Clothes in Rainy Season with Clothes Dryers
3. Besides baking soda and vinegar, which is a natural solution for washing machines that many people know. Today, there are also ready-made washing machine cleaner products, which come in easy-to-use powder form and can help remove various stains well, just add this cleaning powder. Set a normal wash program without wearing clothes. Upon completion of the program, dirt will come off in the tub area. Use a sponge to wipe the dirt in the tank out again.
4. Cleaning the washing machine drum should be done every month. Or at least every 3 months to prevent the accumulation of stains and causing an unpleasant odor and a stubborn stain is difficult to clean.
5. The washing program is usually washed in clean water at normal temperatures, not hot and not cold, which saves money on electricity bills. But washing clothes in clean water at normal temperature will not help remove mold or bacteria that may have accumulated in the tub, so run the machine in hot water without putting the laundry in to wash at least 1 per month. This will help reduce the chance of mold and bacteria build-up in the tub.
6. If the machine is cleaned with hot water. After cleaning, the power should be turned off and unplugged in order to sleep and let the washing machine gradually exothermic naturally before the next use.
7. Another point that many people may overlook. But it is the focus of all washing machines that is the part that is a waterproof rubber seal and various openings and closures as well as the filters in the machine. Because the rubber seal is waterproof and at various drainage holes after the washing machine operation It is often a damp and stagnant spot. Mold and bacteria can grow quickly. It is therefore necessary to scrub and clean this area regularly. Because if you leave it for a long time, it will not be able to scrub May need to replace new parts It can also cause a musty smell in the washing machine.
8. After using the washing machine, the washing machine should be left open to allow some air circulation which besides the drum lid area. In the area of the liquid container. It should be open for ventilation to prevent problems of damp, mold and bacteria as well.
9. Sewer pipes are another point that must be observed. If cleaning the washing machine in accordance with all the above steps, both inside and outside, but there is still a musty smell. It may be because the sewer pipe is dirty. In addition to cleaning the sewer pipe If checked and found that the sewer pipe is very dirty. If it is broken or damaged, it should be replaced.
The secret of scented fabric without smell
In addition to regularly cleaning the washing machine to prevent musty odors, there are also methods for washing clothes to smell. And a few tips on how to care for clothes that many people may not yet know. But certify that it is not difficult to follow:
1. Washing all the clothes together may cause heavily dirty clothes and strong smelling clothes to smell mixed with other clothes. With strong smelling clothes to separate wash with other clothes Is better than washing them all together.
2. If there is no time to wash the washing machine Adding a little vinegar to your washing machine works the same way. Just mix 1 cup of vinegar into the washing process. The vinegar kills germs and bacteria that are invisible on clothing without damaging the fabric. Plus, get a clean scented cloth as new as well.
- Read more articles. What’s going on When not washing the washing machine for a long time
3. If the washed clothes still smell musty Just try sprinkling baking soda on the cloth overnight. Then flick it off and hang it or wash it again. It will help the smell on the cloth to disappear.
4. Clothes dryers are a great help in taking care of your clothes. Because in addition to drying clothes during rush hours can be used all the time, day, night and during the rainy season. The heat from the tumble dryer also eliminates odors, mold and bacteria as well.
5. Choose to hang your clothes in a ventilated place. Because if the air is well ventilated it will reduce the chance of mold and bacteria accumulation on the clothes and does not make the cloth damp as well.
6. Ironing with a high pressure steam iron will help destroy the musty smell. It removes germs and bacteria that are invisible on clothes, as well as washing and drying with hot water.
- Read more articles. How to Clean Steam Iron and Remove Slag with House Item
- Read more articles. “Laundry Equipment” The Key to Make Our Clothes Clean
Here is how to keep your clothes fresh and smell-free from HomeGuru and washing machine care tips. Basic type that you, butler, maid should know! Because of keeping the washing machine clean on a regular basis, in addition to ensuring that the clothes we wear every day are far away from odors and germs. This will also help the washing machine to work at its best and help extend the life of the washing machine for a longer period as well.